Data Privacy Protection Policy
Thank you very much for visiting our company’s website and for your interest in our business as well as our products. Compliance with the data privacy protection legislation is one of the absolute priorities at Farbenwerke Wunsiedel GmbH and MASTER TEC GmbH. It is important to us to let you know, which personal data we record during your visit to our websites, how we use the data and how you can influence the handling of these data. This Data Privacy Protection Policy will answer the most important questions concerning this matter.
- Which data do we record and how will they be used?
a) Technical parameters
When you visit our website, the following data will be stored by our webserver temporarily and by default:
– IP address
– Access date and time
– URL and name of the accessed file
– Website, from which the site was accessed
– Transferred data volume
– Recognition data of the used browser and operating system
These logged data are exclusively analyzed for statistical purposes after they have been rendered anonymous (to improve the structure of our website). Another purpose is data security, specifically the protection of our webservers from attempts to attack them. We do not share any of these data with third parties.
SSL or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential contents, such as purchase orders or inquiries, you send to the site operator, data is SSL or TLS encrypted. To recognize an encrypted connection, you will see the browser address line switch from “http://” to “https://” and you will also see the lock symbol in the browser line.
Whenever the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties during the transaction.
- b) Product inquiries
In conjunction with these, personal data will be collected only if you communicate them to us in conjunction with emails, phone conversations or by completing forms on our website. The provision of these data is for consulting purposes so that we can make recommendations as to our products and services. This is necessary for the subsequent fulfillment of contracts.
- c) Job postings and applications (farbenwerke.de)
In conjunction with the above, personal data will only be collected if you provide them to us in emails, via postal services, in phone conversations or by submitting your application documents to us. The application process is subject to additional data protection policies, which will be communicated separately in conjunction with the application. They can also be found on our website. These data are provided to support the application process.
- d) Customer survey (kb.farbenwerke.de)
Personal data will only be collected if you provide them by filling out the online survey on our website. If you are submitting data via our online forms, we would like to let you know that such data are sent via a connection that is not secure. The provision of such data aims at survey and consulting purposes concerning our products and services.
- e) Customer segment online paint calculator (combitoner.de)
Personal data will be collected only if you provide these data voluntarily by registering on our website. If you are submitting data via our online forms, we would like to let you know that such data are sent via a connection that is not secure. The provision of such data aims at making it possible for you to register as a user of the online calculator of the Combi Toner System.
- f) Google Maps
When you visit our website, you can find our address/driving directions under our contact information. To provide driving directions, we use the Google Maps location service.
The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Your IP address will be stored for this purpose. As a rule, the information collected will be transferred to a server operated by Google in the United States, where it will be archived.
The provider of this website has no control over the data transmission. The use of Google Maps occurs in the interest of attractively presenting our website and making it easy for customers to find our location as published on our website. This corresponds with a legitimate interest at our end pursuant to Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- g) Google Analytics
- Processing ScopeThis website uses Google Analytics, the web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” which are small text files that are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyze your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your website use are usually transferred to a Google server in the United States, where they are archived. IP anonymization is activated on this website, which means that your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states that have ratified the Convention of the European Economic Region before it is transferred to the USA. A Google server in the USA will receive the full IP address only in exceptional cases and if so, it will be abbreviated there. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your website use, to generate reports on website activities and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the Internet for us. The IP address transmitted by your Internet browser in conjunction with Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
- Legal basis The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f EU-GDPR.
- PurposeThe processing of your personal data allows us to analyze your user patterns. The analysis of the generated data enables us to collect information about the use of individual components of our website. This helps us to constantly improve our website and its user friendliness. The anonymization of your IP address adequately accommodates your interests related to the protection of personal data.
d. Data storage period
Your personal data will be eradicated as soon as we no longer need them for our aforementioned purposes.
e. Objection and removal option
If you want to deactivate Google Analytics, access this page and install the add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics or your Internet browser. To obtain detailed information regarding the installation and deinstallation of the add-on, please consult the relevant help resources for your Internet browser.
Browser and operating system updates may cause the deactivation add-on to work improperly. For more information about the administration of add-ons for Chrome, please check here. If you do not use Chrome, please consult the manufacturer of your browser directly to determine whether add-ons will work properly in the browser version you are currently using.
The latest versions of Internet Explorer occasionally load the add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics after data have already been sent to Google Analytics. If you are using Internet Explorer, add-on cookies will be installed on your computer as a result. These cookies ensure that all recorded data are deleted from the server that has recorded the data immediately. Make sure that third party cookies are not deactivated for Internet Explorer. If you delete your cookies, these cookies are reset by the add-on after a short period of time to ensure that your Google Analytics browser add-on continues to work without any restrictions.
The browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics does not prevent data from being sent to the website or other web analysis services.
- f. IP anonymization
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website. As a result, prior to being transmitted to the United States, your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or other states that have ratified the Convention on the European Economic Region. A Google server in the USA will receive the full IP address only in exceptional cases and if so, it will be abbreviated there. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your website use, to generate reports on website activities and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the Internet for us. The IP address transmitted by your Internet browser in conjunction with Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
- Contract data processing
We have executed a data processing contract with Google and are implementing the stringent provisions of the German data protection agencies to the fullest extent when using Google Analytics.
- h) Google Fonts
- Processing scope
We are using Google Fonts from provider Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) on our website.
No cookies will be stored in your browser. The files (CSS, fonts) are loaded by our servers completely separately from all other Google services. If you have a Google account, there is no need for concern that you Google account data will be transferred to Google while you are using Google Fonts.
- What are Google Fonts?
Google Fonts is an interactive directory of fonts Google LLC provides for complimentary use. Many of these fonts are published under the SIL Open Font License, while others have also been published under the Apache License. Both are software licenses available for complimentary use. Hence, you can readily use them without having to pay any licensing fees.
- Why do we use Google Fonts on our website?
Google Fonts enables us to use fonts on our own website that have been automatically optimized for use on the web. It cuts down on data volume and is especially advantageous when used on mobile devices. When you visit our website, the small size of files makes the content load quickly. Moreover, Google Fonts are what the industry refers to a secure web fonts. Different image synthesis systems (rendering) in different browsers, operating systems and mobile devices can result in errors. Such errors can, in some cases, visually distort text or entire websites. Thanks to the fast Content Delivery Network (CDN), Google Fonts does not create any inter/intra-platform issues. Google Fonts supports all commonly used browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera) and works dependably on most modern mobile operating systems, including Android 2.2+ and iOS 4.2+ (iPhone, iPad, iPod). Consequently, we use Google Fonts to be able to present our entire online service as beautifully and uniformly as possible.
- Does Google archive data?
When you visit our website, the fonts are retroactively loaded by our server. Hence, no data are transferred to the Google servers. The Google Fonts API was developed to reduce the recording, storage and use of end user data to the absolute minimum required for the efficient provision of fonts. API is the acronym for “Application Programming Interface.” Among other things, it is used as a data transfer tool in the software industry.
- How long and where will the data be stored?
The server log data will be stored for 30 days. The log data archive contains the IP, browser (version), the accessed site and media.
- i) Cookies
- Legal basis
Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. a EU-GDPR.
(1) Use of technically necessary cookies
(2) Use of tracking cookies
Tracking cookies are used to analyze the user patterns during visits to our website, of course in a completely anonymized format. As a result, we receive valuable information about the use of our website, which enables us to align it more effectively with the interests of the site visitors.
(3) Borlabs cookies
This website uses the Borlabs cookie that sets two technically necessary cookies (borlabsCookie and borlabsCookieUnblockContent) in order to save your cookie preferences. Borlabs cookie does not process any kind of personal data.
The borlabsCookie cookie saves the preference you selected when visiting the website. The cookie borlabsCookieUnblockContent saves which (external) media/content you always want to have automatically unblocked. If you wish to revoke these settings, simply delete the cookies in your browser.
- j) Direct marketing Legal basisThe legal basis for the processing of your personal data in conjunction with direct marketing activities is either your declaration of consent pursuant to Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. a EU-GDPR or the statutory permit set forth in Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f EU-GDPR or § 7 Sect. 3 UWG (German Corporate Conversion Act).
The purpose of the processing of your personal data in conjunction with direct marketing activities is to send you information, offers and possibly to generate revenues through the sale of goods or services.
c. Data storage period
Your personal data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to attain the purpose they have been collected for. This is in particular the case when we receive a revocation or objection notice from you.
- Objection and elimination optionEffective for all applications going forward, you may revoke any consent you have given at any time or object to the processing of your personal data in conjunction with direct marketing measures.
- Where will my data be processed?
Your data will be processed in Germany. Within the contractually permitted scope, data processing will also be handled in European and non-European foreign countries. Your data will be available exclusively to our Internet provider and our employees who need the data to process the purposes designated by you.
- Will my data be shared with third parties, e.g. government agencies?
We will share your data only to meet the purposes you have specified as well as any contractual obligations, legal obligations, government agency or court orders. We do not share any data with any other third parties unless you have expressly consented to such sharing. We also do not market your data in any other manner.
- How secure are my data?
To protect data you own that we administrate from manipulation, loss, destruction and access by unauthorized individuals, we take pertinent technical and organizational security precautions. These security measures are constantly improved in synch with the latest technological developments. Our employees have been committed to data privacy based on the German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and are therefore required to observe mandatory non-disclosure policies.
- Archiving of data
We will process and store your data only as long as this is necessary to perform the respective services for which you have given your consent. This shall be without prejudice to the fulfillment of any statutory obligations (e.g. retention periods).
- Can I obtain information about my archived data?
You have the right to receive information about the purpose of processing, the data sources and the recipients of the archived data as well as the duration of the data storage. There are no fees due for the provision of this information.
- Do I have the option to have my data corrected/restricted/eradicated?
You have the right to demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete data we have processed at any time.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your data if
(1) We are in the process of verifying the correctness of the personal data we have processed;
(2) The processing of your personal data is illegal;
(3) You need your data that have been processed by us after the purpose of processing them no longer exists so that you can pursue your rights;
(4) You have objected to the processing of your personal data and we are in the process of verifying this objection.
You have the right to have your data eradicated if
(1) We no longer need your personal data for their original purpose of use;
(2) You are revoking your consent and there is no further legal foundation for the processing of your personal data;
(3) You have objected to the processing of your personal data and – unless the subject matter is direct marketing – there are no higher priority grounds for their continued processing;
(4) The processing of personal data is illegal;
(5) The eradication of your personal data is mandated by law;
(6) Your personal data was collected while you were a minor.
- Right to object and right to revoke your consent
You have the option to at any time object to the use and storage of your personal data by Farbenwerke Wunsiedel GmbH and MASTER TEC GmbH (joint data controllers) or to revoke your respective consent. This will not result in any disadvantages for you. However, we do have to point out that these data are required to properly fulfill the contract.
- Right to log a complaint with the supervisory agency
If you should be of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates applicable data privacy protection provisions, you have the right to at any time log a complaint with the supervisory agency responsible for your German federal state pursuant to Article 77 EU-GDPR.
- Whom do I contact with questions about data privacy protection at Farbenwerke Wunsiedel GmbH and MASTER TEC GmbH?
The data protection officer of Farbenwerke Wunsiedel GmbH / MASTER TEC GmbH is:
Nicole Gabert, Landgrafweg 5, 95632 Wunsiedel, Germany